There are all sorts of myths, fads and unbelievable ideas about weight loss. I am here to be your voice of reason…it is all about common sense and moderation. Yes, you have heard it before and it is true. There is no such thing as a quick fix unless you want to do yourself harm and put the weight on quicker than you lost it! Here are my top tips for you to think about next time you hit your Newtown gym.
Top Food Tips From Your Newtown Fitness Guru Sean Sweeney
Exercise sufficiently enough to produce fitness exceeding the demands of your lifestyle. That is, exercise enough to counter the calorie intake.
- Follow sound nutritional practices, that is, when, what and how much you eat and when to eat junk food
- Eating 5 – 6 small meals a day with 3 hours in between keeps you metabolism going.
- Always start the day with breakfast
- Consume a mix of carbohydrates and protein in every meal
- Prepare your own meals – you know exactly what goes into it
- Limit fat to 10-15% in each meal
- Don’t add salt or sugar to food, there is already enough
- Meals should be between 300 – 400 calories and snacks between 200 – 300 calories
- Have 1 day of the week where you can eat or drink anything you want
- Drink plenty of water throughout the entire day.
- Quit smoking and drugs
- Limit excessive alcohol intake
- Weigh your food where you can